The NAPRA Model Standards on Compounding of Non-sterile Preparations and Guidance Document are intended to ensure the safety of both the patients and the personnel involved in compounding non-sterile preparations.
Program Number: 1486-20202971-I-Z
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 5
CEU expiration: March 18, 2022
CCCEP accredited content
Cost: $ 240 / person
For group discounts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to access the program.
- Learning Objectives 1: Describe the roles and requirements of the national, federal, and provincial regulatory bodies for compounding non-sterile preparations.
- Learning Objectives 2: Identify criteria for determining whether to compound a non-sterile product.
- Learning Objectives 3: Describe and list the roles, responsibilities, and expectations of pharmacy personnel in non-sterile compounding.
- Learning Objectives 4: Describe simple, moderate, and complex non-sterile compounds.
- Learning Objectives 5: Describe and identify the protection necessary to avoid and protect personnel in non-sterile compounding.
- Learning Objectives 6: Describe GAP Analysis and identify the requirements for infrastructure and cleaning of non-sterile compounding areas.
Farhana Chughtai, RPh, BSc Pharm, MSc Pharm
My career in Hospital Pharmacy has been a rewarding journey, filled with positive challenges, experiences and patient care outcomes. Advances in drug therapies & legislation and requirements for pharmacy compounding have become integral to how effectively we deliver services to our clients and I have participated in the educational delivery of some of these advances.